Tuesday 11 October 2016

Day 11 #pathways2resilience ~ Fran

Special Feature Edition: Pathways to Resilience: Embracing our Vulnerability, Celebrating our Resilience

Fran, another wonderful member of our centre, shares her resilience with us for our month long feature #pathways2resilience:

Hello my name is Fran,

I found my very big lump on the 21st of December 2014 and a smaller one too; it was a huge shock. I was diagnosed 9th January 2015 with grade 2 breast cancer and had a mastectomy 4th February with an implant reconstruction, but it didn't last so there was a second operation on the 20th March 2015. Then, 4 heavy doses of chemo which made me ill for a week each time, then radiotherapy which gave me a boost.....then back to work on the 21st August 2015 - 8 months later.

My youngest son asked 'Will you die?' I said no.....and I kept my promise....the thing that helped me personally was my positive attitude, my resilience, because I am grateful to everyone who looked after me. I am lucky as it could have been so much worse.....now I live life to the brim. I wake up every morning and I am happy as I am alive, yes my bones ache because of the medicine I have to take but it's okay....

Some things do not matter anymore, but my family, my boys, my partner and his children, my friends…that's what matters, telling them I love them matters...being positive is important to me. I look at things differently now. Life is good.



#panningforgold #pathways2resilience


#bcresiliencecentre #breastcancerawareness

No comments: