Thursday 8 March 2018

Lymphoedema Awareness Week 2018 Day 5 ~ Jane

LYMPHOEDEMA AWARENESS WEEK 4TH-10TH MARCH 2018 ~ JANE

I was diagnosed with breast cancer just after my 41st birthday.

I had chemotherapy first, then a mastectomy and lymph node clearance, then radiotherapy. I was known for having lots of side effects! My right arm started feeling strange after my surgery. It was very achy and if I used it to do anything at all the ache was just so strong.

I was referred to the lymphoedema clinic and was diagnosed then. The swelling has gone down a bit in time, I used to really notice how tight my tops were across my arm. I still wear my support bandage, occasionally I don't, but feel the pain later that evening. With the surgery effects too, I do have limited mobility in my arm and find this frustrating.



No comments: